Schreiber Dynamix – 16 TPH Juice Manufacturing
The project envisaged construction of a new Juice Factory with capacity of 16 TPH producing 200 mL and 1000 mL SKU’s. The project spanned 12 months end-to-end including Civil Building works, and Equipment Installation and Commissioning.
The project aimed to onboard only the top suppliers for plant and machinery. Tetrapak was given order to supply the process machinery, and PMG Team as entrusted with work of Design and Execution Supervision of Industrial Services including high capacity Water Treatment Plant, Boiler Upgradation, Steam Compressed Air, Effluent Treatment, overall Electrical Power and Lighting, and Pipe Bridge and Pipelines.
The design and installation of Industrial Services was especially challenging as the project targeted to upgrade/ increase capacity of the already available utilities e.g. bio-mass boiler, effluent treatment plant, etc. without disrupting the production/ operations of existing food park.
Basic and Detail design of Industrial Services
- Study existing utilities infrastructure at Fazilka Mega Food Park (Building, Boiler, Refrigeration Plant, Electrical and Power, Effluent Treatment, Cold Stores, Warehouse, etc.) and develop key engineering documents (flowsheet, p&id, equipment layout and elevations, piping and electrical distribution, etc.) to conduct condition assessment
- Design and plan the necessary upgradation works for existing utilities
- Design the new utility systems (Water Treatment Plant, Air Compressors, Electrical LT, Transformer, Diesel Generators, and others) and utility distribution pipe-rack & piping
- Active deliberation and coordination with all stakeholders for first-time quality and 100% stakeholder alignment
- Developing User Requirement Specifications (URS) for each requirement with complete BOQ and details, key expectations and performance parameters
- Floating enquiries, soliciting offers from suppliers and contractors, techno-commercial evaluation and recommendations, and supporting Client’s purchase team towards releasing timely purchase orders and advances.
- Review and approval of shop drawings of each supplier, and integrating all drawings into one master drawing to check for clashes and harmony in design
- Develop and issue Good for Construction (GFC) drawings to contractors for execution
- Factory visits to key suppliers to ensure quality and timeline of delivery is pro-actively tracked and all issues which could risk project objectives are resolved.
- Support in Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) before dispatch from Supplier, and Site Acceptance Test (SAT) to verify performance parameters before final payments
Differentiated Value Creation
- All utilties upto the battery limit of Tetrapak were installed and tested, ready for production, in advance of installation of Tetrapak equipment
- Ensuring stakeholder alignment at all stages of the project among Schreiber Dynamix, Fazilka Food Park, Tetrapak, Utilties Suppliers, PMG Design Team, and other stakeholders
The intensive and timely nature of the design works, hand-holding of procurement works (led by client Purchaser), and pro-active follow-up with every major and minor supplier and contractor, enabled our design team to achieve above objectives.
Having good knowledge and experience of food safety considerations and hygienic engineering standards in factory design, we gave several in-scope and out-of-scope inputs across the project design and execution. At PMG, we believe once we are onboard a project, the overall project objectives become our responsibility, and it doesn’t matter if certain scope of project may not be under our purview or not.
Typical engineers may be good at engineering but are weak at project reporting, which includes tracking day-to-day progress, making visual reports and presentations for senior management, etc. However, across the project, our team delivered timely reports with good content – true status of site and pro-active insights on future risks, which helped senior management at Schreiber Dynamix take early decisions to continually steer the project in right direction.