Schreiber Dynamix – Construction Safety Management Line 3
The project envisaged expansion project at the existing 16 TPH Juice Factory adding another UHT Line for 200 mL SKU and new packaging variants. The project spanned 09 months end-to-end including Civil Building expansion works, and Equipment Installation and Commissioning.
Inline with global commitment and safety policy of Schreiber Foods, a strict goal of Zero-Accident and Zero-Lost Time project execution was targeted, and to achieve this PMG Team was brought on-board.
Supervision and Management of Construction Site Safety to achieve the Project Objective of Zero-Accident and Zero-Lost Time Project Execution. This included below activities:
- Work Permit System for All Site Works
- Safety and Legal Compliance for All Contractual Teams
- Ensuring PPE’s and Safe Work Practices
- Safety Training to Contractors and Site Engineers
- Daily Contractor Field Audits
- Daily Toolbox Talks
- Safety Committee Formation and Meetings
- Emergency Evacuation and Other Drills
- Safety Week Celebrations, and other engaging activites
Differentiated Value Creation
- Zero-Accident and Zero-Lost Time Project Execution spanning 200,000 + Safe Man Hours
- Inculcating Safety Behaviour across the Project Site
The contractual manpower in India, especially for Civil Works, is sourced from diverse locations and are generally inexperienced and illiterate. The scale of transformation required to inculcate safe work practices behaviour, beginning from adherence to Basic Personnel Protective Equipment (PPE) to active participation in Contractor Field Audits (CFA), is immense. In this regard, the knowledge and experience of PMG Team, enabled a great safety performance across the project execution.
Our team was relentless in their pursuit of PMG’s Safe-by-Choice principle, and overcame any slack or project schedule pressure by the right mix of Hands-on Training, Strategic Intervention, Critical Escalation, and Ownership. We were successful in setting a benchmark in Safety Performance across the Schreiber group, and on this merit, were allotted the responsibility for next Expansion Projects – Line 4 as well.