Modi Dairy – 300 KLPD Milk Processing
The project entailed design and construction of a 300,000 LPD milk processing unit, which would produce all the traditional milk products including Pouch Milk, Dahi, Butter, Ghee, etc. along with variety of Skim and Whole Milk Powders, for own brands as well as institutional supply to MNCs like Nestle, Mondelez, etc. It was a greenfield project, and the first factory of Modi Group in Bikaner, Rajasthan.
A major part of design and execution of the project had been completed when PMG Team was involved in the project, and we were to primarily take forward the project where it was, to eventually comply to food safety and hygienic engineering standards, and Quality Assurance and Quality Control audits of the institutional buyers like Nestle, and others.
- Review and Improvements in Process Design (All P&IDs, including CIP of all sections, correct implementation of SCADA with validation and verification, operations and maintenance)
- Review and Improvements in Plant Design (Master Plan, Building and Equipment Layout, Piping Design, man-material movement, factory zoning and zoning barriers, etc.)
- Review, consolidate and compile all necessary QA and QC documentation and coaching factory team on operations and audits
- Project Execution (Site Supervision and Management of Civil Finishing Works, Installation and Commissioning Works – Mechanical, Electrical and Automation) to meet expectations of Nestle QA/ QC team
- Handhold the factory team through the Nestle audit, give presentation to auditors on Modi Dairy’s behalf, and understand, address any issues identified by the auditors
Differentiated Value Creation
Our team with comprehensive awareness of design and execution protocols for building a factory compliant to global food safety and hygienic engineering standards, and successful delivery of similar consultancy works for other co-manufacturers for global MNC’s like Nestle, Mondelez, etc. were fully equipped to do first-time right work within available budget and timeline to achieve Nestle QA QC audit compliance standards for Wet Mix Quality SMP.
We faced and overcame key challenges like
- educating and training factory staff, who hadn’t had any experience of expectations and standards of Nestle, especially within a short period of time
- convincing company management to spend on tasks, which were necessary for compliance yet understood by them to be superfluous or over-the-line
- developing and organising design and quality documentation in a short period to time
Such wouldn’t have been possible without our result-oriented nature of working and commitment to the interests of our clients.