GEA India – Hatsun Dairy Dharapuram Construction Management
The Metro Dairy Govindgarh, a part of Saras Dairy which is under of Rajasthan Cooperative Dairy Federation (RCDF) in Rajasthan, is one of the largest Powder Plant in Rajasthan. GEA has supplied the Liquid Milk Processing (LMP) section of the project, which aims to setup a capacity of 30 TPD for SMP, WMP and Dairy Whitener with 25 kg bulk pack.
- PMG Team was responsible for Construction Supervision of all mechanical erection and commissioning activities at project site done by multiple contractors, which included coordination with several process and engineering experts of GEA, locally and remotely.
Key Activities included:
- Coordination with GEA Design team for timely release of Good For Construction (GFC) drawings
- Coordination with GEA Procurement/Project team for timely delivery of major and minor equipment and items.
- Continuous re-conciliation of site inventories and raising pro-active requests for shortages at site, so that work is not affected.
- Final Checks and Validation of all design documents for any clashes or mistakes viz-a-viz project site realities
- Prioritizing Jobs and Resource Planning of Contractors
- Daily Operational Review (DOR) with all stakeholders at site to review work done, work planned, identify and resolve issues, and escalate & report suitably to GEA Project Management towards achieving overall project objectives
- Ensuring safe-work-practices across site by leading and training contractual manpower via Toolbox Talks, Contractor Field Audits (CFA), etc.
- Snag-List preparation and completion, vetting of Contractor Bills, supporting as-built drawing preparation, etc.
Key expectations included:
- First Time Right Execution and Zero rework
- No delays on account of material shortages, lack of manpower planning, or delayed decisions at site
- Implementation of the concepts of food safety and hygienic engineering in Equipment Installation and Pipeline Fabrication
- Taking care of all site organization and expenses (travel, local accommodation, food, IT assets, miscellaneous) of resources
- Continuous monitoring and support from PMG Head Office of the engineering resources to ensure quality of deliverables
Differentiated Value Creation
PMG Team has an alignment and long term commitment to GEA towards building an full-time team of competitive engineers (all domains) who can support GEA in their projects in a reliable and qualified manner. Such an arrangement was conceived by GEA Senior Management and actively implemented and supported by PMG Management. It has proven to be a win-win proposition, wherein GEA is able to optimize project cost by minimizing internal resources and associated management cost towards greater competitiveness and profitability in projects, while PMG gets a long term and sustainable business generation from GEA.
In addition, PMG Team consisting of a number of competitive engineers across all domains is able to deliver:
- engineering resources and expertise on short notices, especially providing additional resources during the peak/ critical erection and commissioning stages
- support in engineering studies and works which do not fall exactly under site supervision, and is more diverse
- centrally manage site organization and expenses (travel, local accommodation, food, IT assets, miscellaneous)
- location-based tracking and attendance of engineering resources
- continuity of trained and experienced resources as all resources are full time employees of PMG with a clear and progressive career path
In all sincerity, PMG Team has drifted away from the traditional model of providing manpower, to providing construction supervision service with much higher ownership and accountability of project objectives. And that has led to a significant differentiated value creation for GEA.