Balaji Formalin – Greenfield Formaldehyde Unit
Balaji Formalin Private Limited (Burakia Group) intended to construct a greenfield Formaldehyde and Para-formaldehyde factory at Rasayani, Maharashtra – an industrial area close to Mumbai, India. GEA was the turn-key supplier for the project, who further engaged PMG in Project Startup and Commissioning Supervision.
PMG Team was responsible for Commissioning Supervision of all pre-commissioning and commissioning activities (process, mechanical, electrical, automation, etc.) including leading multiple contractors, and coordinating with several process and engineering experts of GEA, locally and remotely.
Key Activities included:
- Leading Pre-commissioning and Commissioning activities in coordination with GEA Experts
- Checks and Validation of all design documents for any clashes or mistakes viz-a-viz project site realities
- Prioritization of Jobs and Resource Planning of Contractors
- Daily Operational Review (DOR) with all stakeholders at site to review work done, work planned, identify and resolve issues, and escalate & report suitably to GEA Project Management towards achieving overall project objectives
- Ensuring safe-work-practices across site by leading and training contractual manpower via Toolbox Talks, Contractor Field Audits (CFA), etc.
- Snag-List preparation and completion, vetting of Contractor Bills, supporting as-built drawing preparation, etc.
Key expectations included:
- Fast Commissioning and Startup of Factory
- Ensuring coordination between Client Project Team and GEA Project Engineers for seamless progress
- First Time Right Execution and Zero rework
- Continuous monitoring and support from PMG Head Office of the engineering resources to ensure quality of deliverables
Differentiated Value Creation
PMG Team has vision towards building an full-time team of competitive engineers (all domains) who can support engineering projects in a reliable and qualified manner. PMG Team consisting of a number of competitive engineers across all domains is able to deliver:
- engineering resources and expertise on short notices, especially providing additional resources during the peak/ critical erection and commissioning stages
- support in engineering studies and works which do not fall exactly under site supervision, and is more diverse
- centrally manage site organization and expenses (travel, local accommodation, food, IT assets, miscellaneous)
- location-based tracking and attendance of engineering resources
- continuity of trained and experienced resources as all resources are full time employees of PMG with a clear and progressive career path
In all sincerity, PMG Team has drifted away from the traditional model of providing manpower, to providing construction supervision service with much higher ownership and accountability of project objectives. And that has led to a significant differentiated value creation for Clients.