Cleaning at workplace is an important part. It helps control or eliminate workplace Danger. In clean or organise workplace employee feel happy, healthy or does work with dedication. It has a direct effect on employee’s work. Its leave a good impression on Client also, visiting for meetings.
Cleaning just not only about cleanliness, but it also includes keeping work area neat and clean, floor free of slip and maintaining hall and removing all the waste material. This requires paying attention on important detail such as the layout of the workplace, the adequacy of storage facilities and good housekeeping which is also a basic part of danger, incident, and fair prevention.
Effective cleaning is not only for one time or occasionally it’s Included in daily task for everyone on personal. The practice extends from office to industrial workplace, including factories, warehouse, and manufacturing plants that have its own special difficulties or challenges like hazardous materials, combustible dust. Cleaning should have management, commitment so worker realize its importance.
- Purpose of workplace cleaning
- Housekeeping improve productivity because all employee or workers work in fresh mood or stay safe or healthy and help prevent injuries and moral or decrease the illness of workers.
- It can help make a good impression on visitors, Safety consultant for the workers’ compensation.
- Every worker should play a role in clean, even if that means keeping his or her own workplace clean.
- If the Goods place on the right place, then it will not take too much tome to finding them. If any item or goods is out of stock, then we can order on time.
Poor Housekeeping like tripping over loose objects here and there on floors, stairs and platforms, being hit by falling object, misplace material looking disorderly, In factory equipment in poor condition, these can be cause of a variety of incidents.
For avoiding these hazards, it must maintain order throughout a workday. It’s not a single person responsibility It’s a teamwork.
- How we can do workplace cleaning:
a. Avoid slips, trips, and falls
- Report to all and clean-up spills and leaks
- Keep exits clean of objects.
- For help with blind sport installing mirrors or warning.
- Replace as quick as much worn, ripped and damage flooring.
- Install anti-slip floor and use mats, platform mats
b. Dust Control and Pest Control
- Vacuuming method or Use Sweeping and water wash for cleaning
- Blow-Down using compressed air for unreachable or unsafe area.
- Clean wall, ceiling machinery and other place regularly.
- Use pest control spray fog every week or month.
- Don’t throw waste who produce mosquito or other type of pest.
c. Tracking materials Avoid
- Work area mats should be clean which help prevent the spread of hazardous.
- Use different mop for different type of dirt, like for cleaning oil, dust, water.
d. Material Store Properly.
- Storage should not have an accumulation of material that present hazards, fire, or pests.
- Maintain manufacturing floor, maintenance area, storage, or warehouse, or that area which create problem with storage.
- Unused equipment or material stored out of the workers reach or avoid workplace as a storage.
e. Safety falling objects
- Place all object in proper manner for avowing to falling on employee or workers
- Keep all big box or object on lower shelves and keel all equipment away from desk or table.
- Keep clean or empty the area where workers walking regularly.
f. Use and inspect personal protective tool
- Wear safety summons like safety gloves which is protected by broken glass or other harmful waist, safety clothe and shoes when work with electric equipment or Glass when doing dust’s work.
- Regular inspect for clean and fix tool, remove as soon as possible if find any damage on work area
g. Determine Frequency
- All workers should take participate, at least keeping own workplace clean.
- If anyone seen anything which create any problem, then informed
- In the end of shift everyone needs to check or remove unnecessary material from workplace.
h. Eliminate Fire Hazards
- Keep materials in the workplace which is needed for job. Unneeded material moved in relative storage.
- Quick burning or flammable material put on designated area away from ignition source.
- Don’t go close in contaminating cloths with flammable liquids.
- Keep free passageways and fire door for emergency.
- Don’t store any item on stairwells.
- If any issue is coming in electrical area, put warning or fix them on priority.
- How we can plane on Workplace
- Use dustbin near Desk and throw Different waste in different Dustbin.
- Clean desk daily, check all electric equipment on daily basis.
- If working in Factory, then clean all took or equipment after use.
- Check all machine before and after use. It reduces the incident.
- Remove unused material or item instantly, it creates more space.
- Inform Immediately If notice anything wrong with electrical equipment.
Write a Comment